OS-CIT Classroom and OS-CIT Lab course to be conducted in OKCL from June 2017 batch onwards.
Following are the changes that will be applicable once these 2 courses are launched.
The course syllabus will remain unchanged and will have Windows 7 and MS Office 2010 content. Kindly note that these changes will not affect the learning process of all the existing OS-CIT Learners in any way.
1. There will be no new installer for ERA & OES framework. Existing ERA-OES installer that is present with the centers can be used.
2. Instead of one OS-CIT course as per existing model, there will be now 2 courses i.e. OS-CIT Classroom and OS-CIT Lab available in the learner login. This will require a center to have a separate Classroom and Lab Setup at the center premises. Both of these courses will have to be downloaded from LF login
3. OS-CIT Classroom course has to be conducted by the LF in the Classroom Setup present at the center premises. In the Classroom Setup, LF will have a separate login in ERA through which LF is expected to conduct the classroom session for all the learners on a Projector connected to ERA Server machine in a typical classroom blackboard environment. This Classroom Session has to be conducted by LF for 1 hour on daily basis. OS-CIT Classroom Course will not have any marking or will now have any Sequential/mandatory content.
4. Once the LF has conducted the Classroom Session , then all the learners are expected to move to lab setup at center premises, login to ERA and view the OS-CIT Lab Course. Here learner is expected to only practice the skills taught by LF in classroom Session. Learner will have access to both OS-CIT Classroom and OS-CIT Lab course in ERA login. Learner is expected to practice here for 1 hour in OS-CIT Lab course. So 1 hour for Classroom Session and 1 hour for Lab Session making it a total of 2 hours per day.
5. In both the OS-CIT Classroom and OS-CIT Lab courses there will be a total of 50 Session each.Marking will be based only on OS-CIT Lab course.
6. Both of the above mentioned courses will have to be accessed by a learner through Secured Browser Only. These courses cannot be accessed on any other browsers including Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox.(Existing OS-CIT Learners can access the existing OS-CIT course from any normal browser without any restriction)
7. OS-CIT Lab course will have marks to be scored by a learner in form of Challenges and Session Test. There will be a total of 50 Sessions in OS-CIT Lab course with a Total of 50 Marks, so one Session will be for one mark. So breakup of 1 mark per Session will be as demonstrated below. So in all there will be total of 250 Challenges and 50 Session Completion tests in overall OS-CIT Lab course.